- HOPDG nominees cannot be in a Hall of Fame, without an Oscar, or recipients of the AFI lifetime achievement award.
- If an inductee is elected to a one of the qualifying entities above, they are removed from the inductee list and put into the “enshrined” category.
- An inductee cannot be removed from Induction.
- Fans vote the nominees into the HOPDG.
- There will be induction sessions a year. Two inductees will be chosen per session. Furthermore, the bottom two vote earners in a category are available for replacement. (One-year eligibility before replacement.)
- The commissioner reserves the right to induct any nominee who may pass away during their nomination period. (The Cliff Robinson Rule.)
- Every time the Facebook page rolls over another 1,000 fans, the highest vote earner of the 240 nominees automatically is inducted into HOPDG.
- Every “Otter” is given 10 votes for liking the Facebook page.
- The commissioner is allowed to choose 3 special nominees without prior notification to the fan base in the categories of sports, film/tv, and music.